Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hi,

I was planning to go India on vacation. so I though to take a LED TV from US to India as my parents need one I saw LED Tv's are very costly in India. then I started reading blogs and online articles about taking TV to India after reading I am totally confused and dropped the plan because of  hassle with customs, converters etc.
My travel was after Thanks Giving and I got a killer deal of TV on same time and I couldn't stop myself to purchase same. I bought a 39 inch Insignia LED TV from best buy.

I chose small and cheap TV because I don't know what will happen for same in travel.

I took it with me and passed customs without any issue. I was already prepared for same but they didn't even stopped me.
The issue in India I faced is to get the power converter. I searched a lot to get 220V to 110V converter but didn't get at my place in Rajasthan and finally I got from from Delhi.
when I came back from Delhi I plugged the power converter with TV and switched ON and TV started without any issue.

When I was reading experience about others, they faced main problem to get the working channels in TV.
I know the basic cable will now work because of NTSC tuner I read some blog most of them suggested  Videocon HD STB(set top box) will work on NTSC TV's  so I took my TV to shop where they allowed me to test.

We did nothing I just plugged my TV in power converter and they plugged HDMI that is connected to Videocon  D STB in TV and when I selected input as HDMI in my TV I was very happy to see ITS WORKING SUPERB.... I didn't changed any setting in TV or STB.
I imminently asked them to setup Videocon  HD STB in my home, now my parents are enjoying HD channels without any issue....


All I can say is if you connect your TV from HDMI that is digital input your TV doesn't use tuner that is PAL/NTSC so you need not to worry about video converter as long you are going to use any HD STB.

  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nitesh, Thanks for your post. I am planning to take the same TV to India in two weeks. Can you please tell, how is your TV working there ? Also, what specific rating voltage converter did you buy (On TV it is mentioned that 120 V 60 Hz, 0.85 Amp). Let me know, if it is very easy to get the voltage converter of same rating ?

    ReplyDelete